Brief Covid-19 update for Cambridgeshire and Peterborough, 26 August 2020
Confirmed Covid-19 cases – overall and in care homes
- 63 new lab-confirmed Covid-19 cases were detected in Cambridgeshire and Peterborough in the latest reporting period, 17-23 August (as at 26 August). This is 9 less than the previous week.
- The cumulative rate of Covid-19 cases per 100,000 population in Peterborough (782.7) remain statistically significantly higher than the national rate (504.8); the rates are statistically similar in Fenland (501.7) and Huntingdonshire (532.1) (data at 26 August).
- The 7 day rolling average of confirmed cases for Cambridgeshire, Peterborough, and each of the Cambridgeshire districts, shows a declining trend in Covid-19 cases since the peaks in late April, and a lower, more stable trend in recent weeks. However, confirmed cases have increased in South Cambridgeshire (+1) and Peterborough (+5) in the most recent reporting week.
All cause and Covid-19 deaths – all settings and in care homes
- 4 Covid-19 related deaths occurred in Cambridgeshire and Peterborough in ONS reporting week 33, up from 2 in week 32 (2 Huntingdonshire, 2 Peterborough).
- All-cause deaths numbers increased by 19, to a total of 124 deaths, for Cambridgeshire and Peterborough in week 33 (plus 19 deaths in Cambridgeshire).
- At a district level, Cambridge (+8), East Cambridgeshire (+3), Huntingdonshire (+9) and South Cambridgeshire (+10) had an increase in all-cause deaths between the last two reporting weeks.
- Cambridgeshire has had 2 notifications of a Covid-19 related death in a care home since 10th August. The last notification for Peterborough was 8th July (data at 25 August).
- The number of all-cause deaths is above the 2014-18 average in Cambridgeshire and the districts except Fenland. Numbers in Peterborough are below the 5 year average and are similar in Fenland.
- The number of all-cause deaths in care homes are above the 2014-18 average in Cambridgeshire. It is below the 5 year average in Peterborough and Fenland, and similar in South Cambridgeshire.
Produced by the Cambridgeshire and Peterborough Public Health Intelligence Team,
Cambridgeshire County Council and Peterborough City Council. Available at: PHIemail@example.com