A few of the many enjoyable and hopeful things that happened in our
community this year:
- Meldreth School Junior Travel Ambassador Iris
Bostanci, aged 8, makes a passionate case for cycling to the Greater Cambridge
Partnership Citizens Assembly.
- Bassingbourn Barracks mums get an overwhelming
public response for bits and pieces to start up their new Community Garden.
- Duckie gets her picture published in official County
Council papers with a question on pot hole repairs.
- Melbourn Village College students brainstorm ideas
for a Melbourn Community Refill project – water fountains for refilling
reusable water bottles – in response to the new South Cambs Zero Carbon
- Herts and Cambs County bus officers propose amalgamating
slim resources to benefit users of the 127 and 90/91 services – with an eye to linking
passengers from Bassingbourn to Letchworth Station.
- The plucky parish of Whaddon, population 489 (2011
census) puts its carefully managed resources behind an ambitious Local Highways
Initiative bid to lower the speed limit on the A1198.
- Meldreth, Shepreth and Foxton Community Rail
Partnership celebrates a new era with a train cake draped across the bar at The
- South Cambs Greens and South Cambs Lib Dems join
forces on the General Election Campaign (and nearly get there).
- First Orwell Scouts litter pick the A10 cycle path
in the rain and say they want to do it again next year.
- Melbourn Hub starts a Dementia Friends Café.
- Alix Valentine gets started on a Bassingbourn
Walking Bus to School.
- Meldreth Station Cambridge Platform finally gets a proper shelter – David Piggott wouldn’t believe his eyes!